• Welcome to our whiskyforum

Dear Guest,

On behalf of whiskyforum.gr and Hellenic Malt Whisky Society, we would like to thank you for visiting our forum. Feel free to navigate to our forum and enjoy content and topics. Always remember that our forum is free for all and if you share the same passion or you just want to be informed about whisky, you are more than welcome to join us!

forum1.jpg

Slainte!

Teeling Single Malt Experience, with Chris Hayes European Brand Ambassador

2 hours ago, Makis said:

Ωωωωω! Ευχαριστούμε @Uisge-Beatha!!!

1 hour ago, valasios said:

Ευχαριστούμε @Uisge-Beatha.

Εγώ απλώς έκανε τις συνεννόηση την μεγάλη δουλειά/αγγαρεία την έκαναν αυτοί πού έκαναν το πακετάρισμα και τις αποστολές @Celtic και @mallios και φυσικά το μεγαλύτερο ευχαριστώ στο Teeling και στον @ChrisH υπενθυμίζω να γράφουμε αγγλικά σε αυτό για να μας καταλαβαίνει και αυτός.

Translation: the biggest thanks go to the members that done the packaging and posting to the rest and of course to Teeling and our new friend @ChrisH for their kind offer 

• Like 5

Just now, Uisge-Beatha said:

Εγώ απλώς έκανε τις συνεννόηση την μεγάλη δουλειά/αγγαρεία την έκαναν αυτοί πού έκαναν το πακετάρισμα και τις αποστολές @Celtic και @mallios

Ευχαριστούμε @Uisge-Beatha, @Celtic και @mallios!!!!!

• Like 4

Παιδιά, εντάξει, καλά είναι τα "ευχαριστώ" και "many thanks" κι όλα αυτά, αλλά εγώ μετά το unboxing σχεδόν όλων των πακέτων για τσεκάρισμα, και την επακόλουθη ιστορία, το mess δηλαδή με όλο αυτό το γαμόχορτο, "....την παναχαϊκή και τον αντίχριστο"..., το μάζεμα με χέρια και σκούπα (ηλεκτρική μέσα, κανονική στο μπαλκόνι), σόρυ αλλά δεν συμβιβάζομαι με τίποτα λιγότερο από όλες τις εκδόσεις της σειράς ρενεσάνς, για να μην πω με ένα Τηλινγκ 40 ετών, single cask, cask strength, 'gamohorto edition'.....όταν βγει, που πρέπει να βγει δηλαδή για αυτο το σκοπό....:biggrin1:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

34 minutes ago, Celtic said:

Παιδιά, εντάξει, καλά είναι τα "ευχαριστώ" και "many thanks" κι όλα αυτά, αλλά εγώ μετά το unboxing σχεδόν όλων των πακέτων για τσεκάρισμα, και την επακόλουθη ιστορία, το mess δηλαδή με όλο αυτό το γαμόχορτο, "....την παναχαϊκή και τον αντίχριστο"..., το μάζεμα με χέρια και σκούπα (ηλεκτρική μέσα, κανονική στο μπαλκόνι), σόρυ αλλά δεν συμβιβάζομαι με τίποτα λιγότερο από όλες τις εκδόσεις της σειράς ρενεσάνς, για να μην πω με ένα Τηλινγκ 40 ετών, single cask, cask strength, 'gamohorto edition'.....όταν βγει, που πρέπει να βγει δηλαδή για αυτο το σκοπό....:biggrin1:  

Μην το λες σε εμάς γράψε το στα αγγλικά στον συνονόματο😉😋😀

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Celtic said:

gamohorto edition

Μη μου βάζεις ιδέες!... και προπαντώς μην σπέρνεις διχόνοια στο forum. 🤣 Για να σε δώ να ψηφίζεις!!!

• Teeling "Agia Xomata", the gamohorto edition, a tribute to Katakolo
  • Teeling Zoniana release, O Barbajohn kai ta EKAM, the gamohorto edition
  • Teeling Kalamata-ssance, Travel Retail only, the gamohorto edition
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • YES 1

50 minutes ago, mallios said:

Μη μου βάζεις ιδέες!... και προπαντώς μην σπέρνεις διχόνοια στο forum. 🤣 Για να σε δώ να ψηφίζεις!!!

• Teeling "Agia Xomata", the gamohorto edition, a tribute to Katakolo
  • Teeling Zoniana release, O Barbajohn kai ta EKAM, the gamohorto edition
  • Teeling Kalamata-ssance, Travel Retail only, the gamohorto edition

Το δεύτερο δαγκωτό!

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2021 at 5:39 PM, Vaggelis82 said:

ΟΚ μπορεί να μην έχω ταλέντο στις φωτογραφίες, αλλά δώστε κάτι για την προσπάθεια 😋!!

Και πάλι thank you @ChrisH, @mallios, @Celtic, @Uisge-Beatha!!!

IMG_20210724_193431.jpg

Tomorrow night is going to be epic! Blisters all over my hands from packing but well worth it ;) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChrisH said:

Tomorrow night is going to be epic! Blisters all over my hands from packing but well worth it ;) 

Yep, we are definitely going to have fun. Still playing but, seems ok for a zoom background.

Teeling1.PNG

• Like 3

I suggest we circulate or post here ahead of the meeting basic guidelines for the upcoming online tasting. I would expect such guidelines to cover two main aspects, namely (a) preparation of the tasting kit (plus mineral water, pen and notebook) and (b) videoconference rules i.e., cameras on/off, sound on/off, specific person(s) who will be moderating the meeting etc.

With reference to the (b) above, given that there will be a significant number of participants, I would suggest having a "mute on" policy, administered by the moderator(s), who will be unmuting participants when they "raise their hand" to ask a question, or one by one in order to provide their tasting feedback.

AEK fans, make sure your tv is tuned to Cosmote Sport1 in the background!

• Like 2
  • YES 2

15 hours ago, Wisdom said:

AEK fans, make sure your tv is tuned to Cosmote Sport1 in the background!

Ζέστη, whisky και στην τηλεόραση ΑΕΚ. Τι μπορεί να πάει λάθος?!.... φυσικά η ΑΕΚΑΡΑ μας. 

============================================================================================

Thank you @ChrisH for the presentation and the analysis and having the time and patience to answer our questions. (still it was a harsh stop yesterday! .. but I understand that you probably had a hard-stop for a 2 hours event).

It was a very nice event and a big thanks to all the organizers and especially You for the effort (and the blisters) and of course a big thanks to all participants. Whiskies were really good and it is obvious that you are making a great effort at Teeling to become the focus point for Ireland, although you have a strong competition, both from well established distilleries as well as the new ones, especially Waterford.

Experiments are really welcome (as a Laddie fanatic, playing with finishes etc is common) and I consider that this is a good strategy to reach more people and offer a diversified portfolio. Still, I believe that in a few years time we will definitely see a core range and a / some flagship(s) that will present and establish the main Distillery character. 

For me the best part was the blending (marrying / vatting you name it) of casks and the creation of a balanced result. Not so easy to use different types of casks and finishes and create a balanced and tasteful whisky. 

Once more thank You and @Uisge-Beatha for  the event and hopefully we will have time to meet in person and offer you our Hellenic Malt Whisky Society's and whiskyforum's unique hospitality. 

(If this is of any value, my personal ranking was Brabazon, Renaissance, Blackpits, and single malt).

• Like 8

Ωραία εκδήλωση, ωραία αποστάγματα, ωραία παρέα και συνολικά μια πολύ όμορφη βραδιά!

Φοβερός ο Chris απάντησε στις ερωτήσεις μας με χαμόγελο και χαλαρή διάθεση. 

Ευχαριστώ πολύ διοργανωτές και συμμετέχοντες για την πραγματοποίηση αυτού του εξαιρετικά ενδιαφέροντος whiskey tasting! 

Και εις αλλά με υγεία 🥃

DSC_1216_20210730102119455.jpg

• Like 5

Thank you guys for the nice evening!

I was not able to be present from the beginning,  but at the end I tasted the delicious whiskies and I have to add I am really impressed from Teeling!

The two last samples were my favorites!

I have myself a bottle of Teeling Pinot Noir finish at home and I think it will be the next bottle that I will open 😋

• Like 4

I would like to thank once again @ChrisH and Teeling Distillery for their kind and generous offer and for the beautiful event, I hope that we will be able to meet in a real life event soon and even better in the distillery or in Greece 🇨🇮🥃🇬🇷

• Like 1

I would like also to thank all those who got involved to this event, and especially @ChrisH and Teeling Distillery. I have to admit that i was hapilly suprised by all samples. Brabazon was my favourite and Renaissance was very close!!!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, D.M. said:

Με την σειρά μου θα ήθελα να ευχαριστήσω όλη την παρέα, τα ΕΛ.ΤΑ

Επίσης να ευχαριστήσουμε και τη ΔΕΗ, γιατί αν δεν είχαμε ρεύμα...:p

Ευχαριστώ κι εγώ με τη σειρά μου, όλους όσους συνέβαλλαν να πραγματοποιηθεί η βραδιά και τον Chris! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2