• Welcome to our whiskyforum

Dear Guest,

On behalf of whiskyforum.gr and Hellenic Malt Whisky Society, we would like to thank you for visiting our forum. Feel free to navigate to our forum and enjoy content and topics. Always remember that our forum is free for all and if you share the same passion or you just want to be informed about whisky, you are more than welcome to join us!

forum21.png

Slainte!

Distillery Newsletter

o_koulos

13 minutes ago, apo21 said:

The Glenturret Releases 1st Gin in Over 260 Years of Business

image.png

https://ginraiders.com/new-release/the-glenturret-distillery-releases-aberturret-gin/

The complete botanical mix features juniper, coriander, angelica, cloves, lemon, lime, cinnamon, grapefruit, liquorice root, pine, pink peppercorn and chamomile, with The Glenturret’s New Make Spirit being counted as the 14th ingredient.

Ενδιαφέρον.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Barry MacAffer τέλος από το Laphroaig.

Dear Friends,

I would like you to be among the first to know that I have decided to step down as Laphroaig’s Distillery Manager. As you can imagine, it has not been an easy decision and one I have given considerable thought.

Long-standing Friends will know I joined the distillery 13 years ago, starting on the malt floors and in the warehouse, which from there led me to become Assistant Manager and then Distillery Manager in 2022. It’s been an incredible journey, but now I feel the time has come for me to explore new opportunities beyond my native Islay.

Whilst I have mixed emotions on leaving, Laphroaig will always hold a special place in my heart, particularly as it's from Islay, where I too was born and raised. I remain hugely proud to be a part of this outstanding island community. Laphroaig will remain my favourite Scotch whisky, and I feel honoured to have a hand in over a decade of brilliant Laphroaig whiskies – from Cairdeas to Elements.

I’m also proud and humbled by our passionate community of Friends. Your support continues to fuel what makes Laphroaig what it is today. As a passionate advocate for making Friends of Laphroaig something for everyone all over the world, I will promise to support however I can and remain a lifelong Friend.

Please welcome our new management at the distillery with open arms and open hearts; this will be announced in due course. I'll be working closely with colleagues in the distillery team over the coming months to create a smooth transition and see out my time here.

I hope to see and raise a dram with as many of you as possible at Fèis Ìle in a few weeks. And to all my Friends old and new, I wish you the very best for 2024 and beyond.

Slàinte.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimage.email.laphroaig.com%2Flib%2Ffe8e13727c600d7f75%2Fm%2F1%2Ff07ce478-907c-46ce-ba2c-35171df9052e.jpg&t=1713266098&ymreqid=382bd597-8572-fd71-1c85-f3007601b200&sig=8dlNRJmNIBj3JfRiWFsx8A--~D

Barry MacAffer, Distillery Manager

• Like 2